What to do to maximize your chances of a quick sale when selling your house.
- REMOVE CLUTTER. Pack up all the small things neatly and put away in boxes. Also you should throw away any old newspapers and or magazines. Clearing up your Scottsdale house from everyday items will make it feel and look roomier. Do a good job also in cleaning up the garage. Most buyers in Scottsdale, Arizona like to visualize how the house will look once they move and that is pretty hard to do when there is a lot of clutter around the home.
- Open up window blinds and possibly remove sunscreens if they are not in good condition. Most houses in Maricopa County have sun screens to protect from the summer temperatures. Make sure to clean up any dirty window glass and rails. The more natural light you have in your Arizona house, the easier it will be to sell it.
- Do a good cleaning on things you touch everyday such as light switch plates and switches, cabinet doors and handles and mirrors. Make sure to clean floors, stoves, washer, dryer and refrigerator. The cleaner the house, the better the first impression it will make to potential buyers.
- Check to make sure all bulbs and lights are working. Try to keep them on when you have showings. The more light the house has, the better it will show. Make sure to also light up a candle or install a room air freshener to make the house feel like a home.
- Walk around the house and put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. Is there anything that you will notice that needs fix up and/or repair? Try to repair those things to the best of your ability or hire a contractor or handyman if they are larger things. Your goal is to make sure the buyer doesn’t see something that will show him/her that the house hasn’t been maintained well.
- Pay attention to the curb appeal. Hire a landscaper if you can’t do the work yourself. Cut the grass, trim the trees and bushes and clean up any lose debris and leaves around the yard. Put a couple of fresh plants in front of the house if possible.
- Patch up any holes in the driveway. This can be done very cheaply for around 10 dollars.
- Clean dirty gutters. If you they are very worn out, paint them.